The changes in the economy due to digitalisation require partners with in-depth experience and industry know-how. From classic IT projects to outsourcing to the cloud: as a "digital law pioneer", DORDA has a unique track record in the IT project business. In addition to outsourcing and cloud projects with a focus on the regulated sector - from insurance companies and banks to pharmaceutical companies - we have also always advised SMEs and start-ups in all legal areas relating to digital products and services. This ranges from the drafting of T&Cs for webshops and platforms in e-commerce to SaaS contracts, maintenance agreements with IT service providers, or software, development, and licensing agreements.
DORDA brings legal certainty to innovative business models around AI, blockchain, and other new tech developments. Based on years of experience in contract drafting and negotiation, one of our focal points is the drafting and revision of IT contracts in complex industries and projects.
Another focus is on preventive work or support in the event of cyber attacks. For this purpose, we are available 24/7 via our hotline email@example.com.
DORDA's IT team also forms the nucleus of the DORDA Digital Industries Group. Companies receive interdisciplinary legal advice in all IT and digitalisation matters. As a result, DORDA also has extensive experience in M&A transactions and in the suppor of start-ups in the IT sector.
DORDA has a special focus on matters related to the internet and digitalisation. Founded in 2005 by Axel Anderl, the practice has always covered the interfaces of the different, interacting legal areas. The team of 14 experts also advises on data protection, (social) media law, intellectual property, and unfair competition law.
- IT, cloud and outsourcing projects
- Blockchain and AI
- Copyright, trademark, patent, utility model and design law, and the protection of intellectual property (including registration procedures)
- GDPR compliance projects, review of business models, and data processing operations
- Support in data breaches, data subject enquiries, complaint procedures, and providing services as external data protection officers
- Advice and support regarding cyber-attacks – from prevention to support in the event of an incident
- Enforcement of claims in case of infringements of rights and representation in non-contentious and contentious proceedings with regard to the Unfair Competition Act
- Assessment and adaptation of business models and marketing measures
- Electronic communication (newsletter), marketing, social media, and digitalisation