Every single business has to contend with the complex and convoluted requirements of data protection laws and the GDPR, the fast pace of digitalization and the ever-present risk of data breaches and cyber attacks.
DORDA started providing rigorous advice on data protection well before the GDPR was adopted. As digital law pioneers, we know the legal pitfalls and offer practical ways forward. We evaluate complex, innovative business models, automated data processing systems and international data transfers to ensure they comply with data protection regulations. With its wealth of experience from previous cases, DORDA can also assist with requests from data subjects and official procedures.
DORDA can also be contacted at short notice for support with data breaches and cyber security on its 24/7 hotline (firstname.lastname@example.org).
DORDA specializes in internet-related issues and digitalization. Since its inception in 2005, the practice group set up by Axel Anderl has covered the interfaces between the various overlapping legal aspects in this area. The team of 14 experts also advises on intellectual property law, IT law, media law, social media and competition law.
DORDA has been selected and qualified as EuroprivacyTM/® official partner by the European Centre for Certification and Privacy.
- GDPR compliance projects, business model and data processing system review
- Audits of existing data protection management systems, including gap analysis and elimination
- Preparation and revision of the necessary documents and records
- Advice on the practical aspects of data flows inside and outside the group, from order processing through to joint liability
- Practical demarcation and implementation of profiling-, AI- and automated decision-related projects
- Help with data breaches, requests from data subjects and complaint, investigation and administrative proceedings
- Provision of external data protection officers
- Extensive knowhow on marketing strategies, consent management and CRM
- Solid experience in specific sectors, including in health services, in the core business of banks and insurance companies and in the health & life sciences sector
- Preparation of erasure concepts and help putting them into practice
- One-stop shop for tried and tested expertise in international data transfer/contract negotiations, SCCs, BCRs and transfer impact assessments