A pro-active, cross-border IP strategy is essential to protect intellectual property and business secrets in today’s globalized and digitalized economy. At the same time, large-scale networking increases the risk of (cross-border) infringements of third party's property rights. DORDA advises and guides businesses, artists and cultural institutions through the jungle of various IP rights, from trademarks and patents and protection for utility models, works and image rights through to copyright. Representing businesses in legal issues connected to copyright levies is another key skills of our team. Clients appreciate our simple, concise explanations of complex situations and our clear risk assessments and recommendations. This is emphasised by our publication “IP in Practice” written by Axel Anderl and his team (published by Manz Verlag).
Both prestigious firms and start-ups rely on DORDA in all areas of intellectual property law and enjoy the benefit of our know-how in their business transactions.
DORDA specializes in internet-related issues and digitalization. Since its inception in 2005, the practice team set up by Axel Anderl has particularly covered the interfaces between the various overlapping legal aspects in this area. The team of 14 experts thus also advises on data protection, IT law, media law, social media and competition law.
- Protection of intellectual property
- National and international registrations
- In and out of court enforcement
- Preparation of syndicate and licence agreements
- Protection of business know-how (confidentiality agreements, protection under labour law)
- Joint venture agreements
- Personal advice and representation of artists and cultural institutions
- Preparation of film, gallery as well as performance and publishing contracts
- Legal advice on catalogues and exhibitions
- Domain disputes
- Advice on the IP aspects of business models
- Alignment with collecting societies
- IP M&A, due diligence reviews