DORDA has focused on business with China for many years. We maintain close contacts with Chinese partner law firms.
Thanks to our Mandarin-speaking staff specialized in Chinese law, DORDA is able to support both Chinese and Austrian companies in their inbound and outbound business as a full-service law firm.
- Advice on the acquisition and sale of companies
- Strategic support for Chinese investors in acquisitions in Austria and Central and Eastern Europe (CEE)
- Joint venture contracts
- Advice on other international contracts, such as distribution and subcontracting contracts
- Intellectual property protection in China
- Tort law
- Litigation before national courts and arbitration tribunals
- Enforcement of state judgments and arbitral awards, including advice on strategic issues
International quotes on the DORDA China Desk
"Assisted Chinese companies and Austrians with subsidiaries in China with varied legal issues."
"The firm's Chinese desk has four members, including partners and other lawyers who have academic knowledge of Chinese law and also are non-native Mandarin speakers. The team has assisted Chinese companies and Austrians with subsidiaries in China with varied legal issues. Veit Öhlberger is a key contact."
(Chambers Global, 2017)
"The firm's China desk includes Mandarin-speaking lawyers, assisting both Chinese and Austrian clients with inbound and outbound investment projects. It also offers help with contentious matters. Veit Öhlberger heads the desk."
(Chambers Global, 2016)
Video interview on legal aspects of doing business with China:
Veit Öhlberger in conversation with Prof.(FH) Dr Doris Kiendl-Wendner, FH Johanneum
For further information, please contact Veit Öhlberger.