Multifaceted construction and infrastructure projects are one of the greatest legal challenges. They involve a multitude of laws, regulations and standards from inception to completion. Clients and contractors, together with their advisors, are constantly working at the interface of technology and law. Construction and infrastructure projects are thus particularly prone to conflict. Smooth-sailing construction projects are rare. And the challenges are often exacerbated by the current polycrisis (supply chain difficulties, pandemic, cost increases, etc.).
The DORDA Construction & Infrastructure Group offers clients a whole package of benefits:
The areas of private construction law (contract law), public construction law and dispute resolution are bundled in this group, which provides interdisciplinary legal advice for complex plant construction, classic building construction, apartment building refurbishment and large infrastructure projects. DORDA has extensive litigation experience in all areas of the construction industry and boasts a Tier 1 reputation in dispute resolution.
DORDA's construction and real estate law experts can provide sustainable answers to your questions by examining problems in light of the various aspects of construction law with an eye for the broader context.
Be it in building construction, civil engineering, plant construction, renewable energy or infrastructure projects, the DORDA Construction & Infrastructure Group provides clients with a high-impact team.
- Legal support for clients at every stage of a project, including advice on project structuring
- Legal advice for contractors (building consultants, architects, and other planners, ÖBA, professionals)
- Public procurement law
- Claim management
- Legal advice and representation in public building law (zoning, building permits, EIA procedures, operating permits, marketing of pressure equipment and machinery, etc.)
- Drafting of contract terms and conditions, building works contracts, architects' contracts, overall and general contractor contracts, FIDIC contracts, etc.)
- Advice on and drafting of dispute resolution clauses (including choice-of-court agreements, arbitration agreements, arbitrator clauses, mediation, and other forms of alternative dispute resolution)
- Assessment of risks and chances of success of contentious proceedings
- Advice and representation in all matters of evidence preservation
- Legal representation in all areas of dispute resolution (before state courts, arbitral tribunals, in mediation and arbitration proceedings, out-of-court negotiations or interim injunction proceedings)
- Enforcement of domestic and foreign judicial and arbitral decisions
Construction & Infrastructure Group
Combined Expertise for Complex Challenges
A team that takes an interdisciplinary approach to construction law: 6 specialists with an eye for the big picture. A one-stop shop whatever the scope of the project.