The rules laid down in the UWG (Federal Act against Unfair Competition) protect competitors in particular from distortion of the market. DORDA helps Austrian and international firms design and implement marketing and competition strategies which are both legal and competitive.
We review existing and new business models to ensure they comply with competition law and help clients assert their rights against competitors engaging in unfair practices. Our team designs creative solutions with clear risk assessments, based on its long-standing experience and pooled expertise, so that clients can make the right decisions.
We always rely on our specialist know-how, e.g., in ICT, real estate or the health & life sciences sector.
DORDA specializes in internet-related issues and digitalization. Since its inception in 2005, the practice team set up by Axel Anderl has covered the interfaces between the various overlapping legal aspects in this area. The team of 14 experts also advises on data protection, intellectual property law, IT law and media law & social media.
- Reviewing marketing and competition measures to ensure they are lawful
- Evaluating and adapting business models
- Helping to assert rights in the event of infringement
- Helping to avoid cautions from competitors
- Representing clients in dispute proceedings
- Defense against warnings and claims from competitors
- Representation in contentious proceedings